Each WMD bolt-and-carrier set is precisely machined from high-grade steel alloy to government M16 specs, then given WMD's proprietary NiB-X nickel boron coating that results in a super-smooth, harder-than-chrome surface. NiB-X reduces friction to the bare minimum and is impervious to corrosion and abrasion. The slick finish also keeps carbon from adhering, so clean up is much faster and easier than with standard parts. Ideal choice for 3-gun competitor sand other high-volume shooters. Available with a matching NiB-X coated hammer for the smoothest cycling. Also available as an AR15 or M16 Bolt Carrier Group.
Drop-In AR-15 BCGs to increase reliability and ease cleaning and maintenance.
- Bolt – Carpenter 158 case hardened, shot peened and magnetic particle inspected. Manufactured to Government drawings. Mil Spec gas rings. NiB-X coated (40% more wear resistant than Chrome).
- Extractor – Manufactured, heat treated, hardened, per Government drawings. Black extractor buffer and heavy duty spring. NiB-X coated.
- Firing Pin – Manufactured, heat treated, hardened, Chromed and certified per Government drawings.
- Carrier – M16 style carrier (heavy weight), 8620 material, heat treated and case hardened. Manufacturing tolerances on inside diameters tightly controlled. NiB-X coated for durability and ease of cleaning.
- Gas Key – Hardened to USGI Specifications and attached using grade 8 hardened fasteners. Permatex No. 3D Aviation Form a gasket Type III Sealing Compound per MIL-S-45180 used on assembly. NiB-X coated. Staked per military specifications.
- Cam pin – Manufactured, heat treated, hardened and certified per Government drawings. NiB-X Coated.
- Hammer - Manufactured, heat treated, hardened and certified per Government drawings. NiB-X Coated.