1 Day Introductory Carbine Course (1 Day)
2.5 Day Tactical Carbine / Pistol
Course (2.5 Day)
The Tactical Carbine / Pistol course is designed to teach the safe operation of
the semi-automatic AR-15 type rifle or carbine, the fundamentals of rifle
marksmanship and how to engage targets from the prone, kneeling, and standing
positions at distances from 10 to 300 yards. Students completing the course will have a
thorough understanding of firearms safety, the fundamentals of rifle
marksmanship and an introduction to the tactical use of the rifle/carbine. The
student will quickly gain experience, confidence and increase their
skill level with the carbine.
The following topics will be taught in the course:
• Operation of the AR-15 type rifle/carbine in conjunction with a
• Sights, zeroing considerations and techniques, external ballistics,
slings, and equipment placement
• Reloading, malfunctions, transition drills
• Fundamentals of rifle / pistol marksmanship
• Shooting positions / shooting on the move
• Multiple target engagements
• Training mindset and methodology
500-700 rounds of rifle, and 200 rounds of pistol ammunition per person.
Have a NC Concealed Carry Permit or a Permit from another state.
Classroom portion will be held at American Tactical & Pawn. 501 N Lafayette
St. Shelby, NC 28150. Please arrive on Friday by 6pm. Classroom will be from
6pm to about 9pm. Saturday we will start on our range with instruction starting
at 8:00 am and ending at 5 pm. Sunday’s time will be decided on Saturday.
• Carbine (sling), and Pistol (holster) with 3 magazines
• Knee and elbow pads (optional)
• Weapon cleaning kit (with oil for carbine/pistol)
• Rain or inclement weather gear
• Eye and ear protection (clear and shaded lens are recommended)
• Water/Snacks (1 hour lunch break)
• Hat/Gloves (rifles will get hot)
• Sunscreen (water resistant recommended)
• Optical sight for carbine (optional, but highly recommended)
• Belt, LBE or protective vest with associated magazine pouches
16 hours of instruction.
Cost: $250 Tuition Fee-This includes the use of your own
weapon, instruction time and certificate.
*Class Valued at
If you have additional questions,
please feel free to give us a call at
704-692-4176 or email us at [email protected]
I hereby certify by my signature that I have no criminal convictions that
me from legally possessing, owning or purchasing firearms.
I further certify that I have no official or unofficial history of mental
or substance abuse and that I meet the prerequisites listed for the course.
I further certify I have never been affiliated with or belong to any gang or
illegal organization involved or engaged in any illegal activities. This
includes international or domestic terrorist organizations.
I further certify that my only purpose for seeking the training, which I have
requested Carolinas First Defense to provide me, is so that I may better be
prepared to provide lawful service to my employer or in performing lawful acts
for my own use.
Carolinas First Defense training programs depend upon the careful control of
each student’s cooperation regarding safety issues; therefore, I understand
that my instruction may be terminated at any time if my conduct is not deemed
satisfactory at the sole discretion of the training staff.
That I will abide meticulously by any and all safety procedures required, and
that I agree to sign a statement releasing Carolinas First Defense from any
injury I may sustain during the program.